Monday, August 4, 2008

Mum i'm out shooting: KWN finals presentation

This is the first of my "mum i'm out shooting" category of blog posts. After looking through the many articles we published during the entire work year, I realized that though not all of them have spectacular images, there is always something substantial gained for every assignment I took. It'll be a waste not to share these experiences, and hopefully these posts will serve to document the footsteps I've taken to better my skills.

More after the break...
This is one of the first assignments I've taken solo. It was a rainy afternoon, and I almost arrived late as I underestimated the travelling time of the bus. When we finally got into the room, I was stunned by the formality of the occasion. Everyone was in suits, even the videographers (flown in from japan by panasonic i think) Me - shirt and jeans. Luckily I did regain some confidence after whipping out a substantially larger, non-panasonic camera. Lesson learnt: ask about dress code before assignment.

I hardly had any idea what kind of pictures were needed too. The only indicators of the event was the backdrop posters. The participants present were from different countries, so I thought I'd shoot a few of them in fancy constumes. None of those were used. The only pic published was the group shot.

Article published sometime in Jan 08, in thumbsup.

0 comments:

Post a Comment