Sunday, December 30, 2007

A day through my window


What happens when I mentioned that I have nothing on tdy? A pail, rag and bottle-o-detergent appeared in front of me, together with an order - clean all the windows.

我不入地狱,谁入地狱?Started cleaning from 1030.. continued after lunch... till 3+. As the windows are tinted, I got a good gauge of how the sky will appear through an ND filter. And I saw a great ray-of-light phenomenon spread across the whole west coast. Camera out, naturally =)

As I continued to clean another set of windows with my Nikon within grasp, it started to rain... while the sun was still strong. My instincts (or experience, or science knowledge) told me a rainbow should be appearing anytime soon. The good thing about a window cleaner is that u get to pay attention to anything happening outside, every minute (duh). Lo and behold - a full arc appeared, so close I thought I could spot the pot of gold at the base of the arc.
I couldn't take the whole arc due to stupid HDB obstructions in front... the rain grew heavier, but I snapped on, risking my gear (or perhaps hoping to damage it so i could get a new one XD).

Rain gone, rainbow's gone, 2 more sets of windows to clean. Its already 5+ (trust me, cleaning windows manually is no mean feat). The sun was out strong, and birds began to sing. Looking out of the window (where else can I look...) I spotted birds of breeds less seen. Perhaps because I was already at the window so long, they thought I was part of the scenery. I was lucky to be this close, since 200mm is my longest telephoto available.
Finally finished all windows by 1830, and stopped to admire the scenery before me. It is interesting how good it looks when the grills are open. As the sun sets, I was treated to a red glow from the only energy source in this universe.
Did the calendar mentioned that tdy is a 吉日 for window cleaning?

0 comments:

Post a Comment