Sunday, April 13, 2008

Journey in search for the roots

2 days of driving brought me back to the place where my parents were born. A PAS controlled state for many years, Kelantan is one of the most under-developed states in Malaysia. Going there primarily for Qing Ming Jie festivities, I also took the rare opportunity to document the local people as well as their lifestyles.

There are many pictures that I love to share, but it would be hard to present it as a list on this blog. I've decided to embed a slideshow from google's picasa albums, but it is setup to run continuously by default. I'll strongly suggest you take time to read my captions, so pause the slideshow and advance manually. Alternatively, go straight to my web album to browse them in full view.

The album also compressed my pictures, reducing the vibrance while increasing JPEG artifacts, which is a pity as it does not do justice. Anyone has a better suggestion as to where to host the pictures?


0 comments:

Post a Comment