Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Great way to waste petrol

There's a very predictable pedestrian traffic light somewhere near my place. 3 seconds after one presses the button, the amber light will turn on for 3 seconds, and then the red. This observation led me to conceptualize this image - one that captures all 3 lights in 1 single exposure.

Predictable as it is, I still required 4 activations of the traffic light to catch this image, as it isn't really as easy as it seems. First, I must set the intervalometer to start taking picture 5 seconds after I leave the camera. I'll have to push the button at the start of the exposure. Most difficult part is to time it such that there are enough cars passing the lights before the red comes on, so as to record some trail lights.

I guess the drivers stopping at the lights must be real pissed... seeing this idiot stopping the traffic just to shoot some lame picture. Sorry fellas!



0 comments:

Post a Comment