Sunday, January 20, 2008

Goodbye to you my beloved



Dear Kit lens,

Being my first lens, you are very special and lucky. You accompanied me on many occasions, and even shot a wedding all by yourself back in 2006. Your versatile zoom range and light weight made you the choice lens for "one-lens" walkabouts. Your IR capability also opened up a new realm of photographic opportunities, enabling the creation of some extraordinary photographs. You took the most holiday, landscape, walkabout and huixun photos to date.

Unfortunately, you took the most abuse as well. Your over ambitious owner wanted to create professional results from amateur equipment, and subjected you to a professional level of torture. I often had no time properly settle you in the bag, not to mention putting on your cap. You had to brave sand and rain, conditions that were challenging even for your better built counterparts. Eventually, you fell ill with a stuck zoom. The lens doctor say you have a screw lose, and I had to pay for your medical bill. You were also said to have a weak motor, and is not fit for heavy duty anymore.

I'm sorry I had to sell you away. Blame me for being heartless, or even cruel, but I was afraid you could not take the stress and might just break down one day. I am also greedy, hoping to find a sharper, faster lens for my PJ work. I put my job ahead of your welfare. I apologize.

Hopefully, your new owner will not torture you so much, and you would have a better life ahead. During the 17 months under my ownership, you have given me an amazing collection of pictures that I will treasure for ever. I will miss you.

Your step-owner,
manpacker

1 comments:

sen said...

lol! will my kit lens end up like yours too? hmmmm ..I wonder..

Post a Comment