Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Wife pastry

Find me a wife as sweet as this...

I'm so glad I'm finally getting better in lighting up food. Many people use window/natural light for such shots, but I had to resort to artificial lighting given the cloudy/rainy weather these days. My tripod isn't serviceable enough for long exposures as well.

This shot is a combination of 3 great "projects" i made recently. The first being the umbrella system, which consist of a cheap $2 umbrella i've been using all the while (without noticing the silver interior till a few weeks ago, shame...), mounted to my dying tripod using cable ties (talk about DIY). Shadows casted were very close to natural light, given its super large surface area in relative to the subject.

The second is my light tent, made from toys and tissue. Cost me nothing. Delivers studio-quality light.

Third is my soft box, a 4.5 x 6.5 inch contraption made from mooncake box packagings (yes, including the translucent grease proof paper). Doesn't make a difference for portraits, but a hell lot of improvement for food sized stuff.

Here's the final setup:

3 comments:

WeeLeong =P said...

Haha, the pictures of the food make me hungry! But I wun eat now cuz i just removed 2 wisdom teeth today.

Hey, I brought home my wisdom teeth... Do you think you wanna photograph it...? Lol

This is me, said...

Whoa really arh? Bring it on man!

Pin Pin said...

hhaha... wisdom tooth also can ar... power!!

Post a Comment