Friday, July 5, 2013

point.nine.five

resized_1-2
It’s heavy. It’s big. It’s fully manual. It’s f0.95

It’s an irony. I went for micro 4/3rds to enjoy travelling light. But ever since I heard of this beast of a lens I knew I want one. And when I had the opportunity to buy it at an irresistible price I gave in.

resized_3

How fast is f0.95? It allows you to shoot at iso200 when you had to use iso1600 with an f2.8. Crazy fast. In fact, when combined with the E-M5’s image stabilizer, it becomes the ultimate night shooter. (over 4 stops faster than f1.4, if the subject is stationary!)

resized_2

Thanks to the focus peaking hack, manual focusing this guy is easy. It also has enough DOF for zone focusing if the subject is more than 2m away. And yes, it has a distance scale, which is awesome for street.

resized_1

This is one stealthy lens, not because it is small (it isn’t!). It is because you get to shoot in lighting conditions where people think you can’t see them.
Looking forward to more street shots with this big bad boy…

0 comments:

Post a Comment