Thursday, November 5, 2009

What is a camera?

rainfield

Isn't it frustrating every time when one sees a nice scene, and realizing that you don’t have a “camera” with you?

To me, a camera used to be something that shoots in RAW, has manual controls, responds quickly and produces decent detail up to iso 800 (for compacts), or iso 3200 (for dSLR). The problem is that while I have one that meets these requirements, it pulls my pants down if I force it to go into my pocket.

Well.. the heavy rain in the late morning today created such a different atmosphere, I was beginning to regret not bringing a “camera” with me. So I whipped out my handphone and for the first time (i think) i started using the camera function.

Whitebalance? Atrociously green. Responsiveness? Lag like siao. Noise? Plenty…

But when converted to monochrome… I thought this was a great representation to what I felt and saw at the moment…

So.. what is a camera?

0 comments:

Post a Comment