Saturday, September 8, 2007

Let there be lights!

This might well be a revolution in my photographic life. First, the "discovery" of the SU-400 remote flash mode hidden withing my SB800. I now have 2 lights, the first being on camera, and a second, the flash. This allows me to side/back light me subject, with the on camera for fill. However, the built in flash is still very much restricted as it is.. well.. built in. Direction is still flat

And then, after digging out my old Emoblitz 328, I guess I hit the gold. This little $50 gadget has a built in slave trigger, allowing it to be triggered remotely! Now i can have lights on different axis of the subject, creating eye popping imagery I'd never dream before. One catch though: The emoblitz has no manual mode. I gaffer the thyristor to let it fire at full power, varying only the distance to subject.

The only things I lack now are hands. I'd probably go hunt down for cheap light stands and umbrellas.

0 comments:

Post a Comment